Last Sunday morning, I woke up early in pain and quickly realized that I was having some bleeding. When you're 13 weeks pregnant, that is absolutely the last thing you want to wake up to. After trying to get in touch with my doctor and not having much luck, we quickly decided to head to the ER. Our friend, Cory, was wonderful and came to stay with the little guy. We got to the ER only wanting to hear one thing and that was our baby's heartbeat! After waiting a long time in the waiting room, they finally wheeled me back and let me hear that precious, precious sound! Our little one was moving around like crazy in there. If I could have jumped off that table and done a happy praise dance, I would have!
Long story short, we sat some more, met with the doctor several times, had a battery of tests done, and finally left with them telling us, "We don't know exactly what caused the bleeding and pain, but your baby is fine." They called it a "threatened miscarriage."
We spent the next day meeting with our OB/GYN and were finally able to get a lot of our questions answered. They did another ultrasound and finally found the source of the bleed. They said I have a fairly large blood clot behind the placenta. It could have been caused by anything, like lifting something too heavy, over doing, pretty much anything. That was when I heard the word..."grounded"...the doctor told me that I was grounded for the next two weeks, until we go back on January 2nd for another ultrasound to hopefully find the blood clot gone! I asked the doctor what I could do during my grounding, and when she started the long list with the things I couldn't do, I got the picture...I was to sit on my backside and continue to sit there!
I honestly can't thank my family enough for all they've done during my grounded. My parents immediately packed up our West Texas Christmas and headed to Houston for the holidays, and Jeff has done everything with Garrett plus all the everyday stuff around here during his so-called two week vacation. I've been able to get lots of rest and let my body heal!
We're just praying now that the clot goes away and the baby continues to stay healthy and safe! God has been amazing to protect him/her so far!
3 comments:
Praying for you and the sweet little one growing inside you! Rest up! I know its hard to do!
I know bedrest sounds like a dream, but after a couple of days it gets rather difficult. I pray this time goes quickly and that you find good news at the end of your time in bed.
I've been there and know how excruciating the waiting can be. We've been praying for you and I hope you have nothing but good news now!
Post a Comment