Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentines Weekend!

Our Valentines weekend this year has been a hodgepodge of activities, each one being tons of fun!

Saturday morning started out with my awesome husband letting me do one of my favorite things to do on a Saturday...sleep in! Once everyone in the house was awake and accounted for, he surprised me with a delicious Valentines breakfast and a gift bag with two sweet outfits for our little baby girl!





A couple hours later, Nana arrived to play with the little guy for the rest of the day, so Mommy and Daddy could spend the day just the two of us. Garrett never knew we ever left, trust me! Jeff and I spent the afternoon in the museum district, which is something we both like to do (yes, nerds). I usually only get to go when I'm chaperoning a middle school field trip. Who knew there were actually things to read and learn next to the exhibits!? :-) We went to go see the "Body Worlds 2" Exhibit. If you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend it! I don't know how anyone could walk out of there and still believe that the human body and its intricate parts happened just by chance. No way! After the museum, we headed back to the suburbs and took in the double feature at the drive-in. Two movies, a pizza, and perfect drive-in weather. A great way to end the day together!

Sleeping in...a surprise breakfast...the museum...after lots of things for Mommy, it was time for her Valentine to spend some time at his favorite place...the lake! All three of us packed up Sunday after church and headed to Lake Conroe. PaPa and Oma wanted some quality play time with the little guy, so Jeff and I took the boat out on the lake by ourselves. We froze our tails off but fished and cruised around the lake until dark. We then got up early this morning (okay, early for me, not early for a true fisherman) and had a blast fishing. I grew up fishing but haven't been able to go with Jeff to do it much since we've had a kiddo. I'm pretty sure the first time I cast under a boat dock exactly where he told me there were some fish hiding, he fell in love with me all over again! :-) I ended up and didn't catch anything, but my man outdid himself with two "lunkers"!



He humored me and took this picture with his 5 pounder!





The day ended with playing with Garrett on the boat dock. He fed the ducks and fish over and over. Every time he ran out of feed, he yelled, "More! More!"





He and Daddy tried their hand at fishing. I don't think it ended up quite like Daddy had planned, but they had a blast trying!



Garrett ended up and just wanted to splash his fishing pole in the water. I told Jeff he looked like he was using Garrett as bait instead! We've got to get that kid a longer fishing pole for next time!




1 comments:

Gina said...

don't throw my little guy in the lake!

love all the pics!