Before his first day of school, I pulled up pictures of him at the same time the year before. It's was crazy how much he had grown. Last year, his backpack covered his entire back and most of his two-year-old legs. This year, it fit a little better, but he still looked so tiny to me walking in those school doors.
Last year...

This year...



"Yes, Grace, I promise that he's coming back!"



I made a preschool Mommy "uh-oh" when we got to school. No, we didn't forget his first homework assignment of the year that was due the first day of school, even though if we did just do it the night before.

What I did was not realize that life was different when they go from the 2's class to the 3's. Last year, we were able to walk the kids in and stay a few minutes to help the kids feel comfortable. Garrett even took pictures with his teachers that first day. This year, it was a whole new world. When we got there that morning, I shook hands with the teacher who met me at the door and walked on in the room. I then noticed that there were no other parents in the room. Just kids happily playing. The teacher, who I absolutely loved, didn't say anything but did look at me strangely. After a minute, I realized they wanted the kids to start their morning routine on the first day to get into the swing of things. As a former teacher, I totally got it. As a Mommy of my baby boy, even if he is three, I was wanting my warm and fuzzy moment. I finally relented, but not before sneaking a quick picture of him putting his things in his new cubbie. I wasn't leaving without at least that! :-)

I did get some warm and fuzzy moments the next month at the school's "Open House Night".



Garrett says everyday after school that his favorite thing in the classroom is the art table.


It was fun to see him with some of his friends.


Grace loves Mia as much as Garrett does.
0 comments:
Post a Comment