Friday, May 29, 2009

The Skunk

Yes, I know I've already posted a couple times today, but this one was too good to pass up.

We decided to have some family bonding time late this afternoon at the neighborhood park/fishing pond. I was extremely happy to chase the little guy around while Jeff fished some, but Jeff had other ideas. Come to find out, that was his mistake. All three of us fished. Okay, two of us fished, and the shortest one of the family had a ball smacking his Nemo fishing pole into the water over and over and over. After just a few minutes, it happened. The skunk. No, not the animal that can make you smelly for days on end. This skunk was my husband's wife catching the one and only bass of the evening! It wasn't a 5 pound lunker and wasn't caught in any amazing way, but it was a fish none the less, and it happily made the catching score of the evening 1-0!

My new fishing philosophy...you don't need all the fancy fishing equipment or techniques...all you need is a two-year-old distracting you while you have a line in the water!





P.S. I won't even begin to describe to you how absolutely "girly" I became when Jeff asked me to hold the fish for a picture! I think any coolness as a fisherman I had built up in my husband's eyes quickly went away when I started acting like a complete girl as he handed me a bass to hold by the lips!

1 comments:

Sarah W said...

That is hysterical! LOVE it! :)