I have been waiting to post about something that happened back in February, and today feels like the perfect day to do it. Not because I want to promote a particular candidate. I don't. I actually love to talk and debate politics, so me posting my political views on here and not talking to people about them face-to-face wouldn't be much fun. I'm posting about this event because it excites me to know that we, as Americans, have the right and privilege to participate in our political process in all kinds of ways. That's exactly what I got to do last month.
Super Bowl Sunday was also called "Super Sunday with Sarah" in the city of Houston. Rick Perry, one of the candidates for governor, partnered up with Sarah Palin to hold a rally right here in our city, Cypress to be exact. So, right after church that Sunday, my friend, Gina, and I headed out to northwest Houston to meet up with Cas and Gina's family and hear Texas Governor Perry and Former Alaska Governor Palin. It was rowdy and an absolute blast!

They had a stack of pre-made signs near the entrances for people to grab on their way inside. Gina and I decided our men would be proud of their wives if we held up this sign.
We were sitting next to Cas' brother-in-law, niece, and sister (aka "Sissy"). It was so much fun to watch their niece get excited about hearing Sarah Palin speak. She even wore a T-shirt that had baby chicks on it and read "Chicks for Palin". Everyone, all ages, got to participate as an American citizen with a voice that that day. Loved it!




At the end, Governor Perry gave her a certificate with honorary citizenship as a Texan. Texas hospitality at its best!


If you haven't voted already, please get out there and make your voice heard! Happy Tuesday!
1 comments:
Girl, I LOOOOVE election day. I am so happy and proud every time I vote.
JeanAnn
Post a Comment