Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fateful Time Change Morning

I know it's not Wednesday, but I'm still curious about something. Does the time change affect your kids the fateful morning the clocks "fall back" like it does ours?!?

Seriously. Must people mess with the clock. I can promise you that a parent of small children did not come up with the concept. I thought that exact thing this morning when a certain three year old boy, who wakes his Mommy up every morning by telling her the sun is up and it's time for us all to be up, started his Daylight Savings Time morning by waking up a few minutes after 5:00 (he normally sleeps closer to 8:00, btw) to wake up his Mommy with a need I honestly can't remember right now, but apparently I met it because he went back to bed fairly quickly. Only then for him to wake up at 5:30 wanting his Daddy to build him a "fort" over his bed. I can't remember how that all turned out either. Garrett ended up back in his bed shortly after waking his Daddy up, and Daddy returned to bed either a hero as an early morning fort builder or an early morning party pooper. I'll have to ask him later which it was. The same three year old boy returned once more to our bedroom before 7:00. Only this time he was not wearing the pj's he went to bed in but was wearing a swimsuit. Yes, a swimsuit. A bright blue swimsuit at that. He entered our room this time because the wide-eyed swimmer wanted his groggy Mommy to help him put on his Cars socks and Toy Story sandals so that his outfit would be complete. I'm sure he thought I was super cool because I simply complied and told him to please go back to his room until our alarm went off, in a few minutes. His parents then proceeded to laugh our heads off at how our life has changed on Daylight Savings Time mornings!

Once we were all up and fairly awake, our early riser decided he was cold but didn't want to shed his swimsuit for his Sunday clothes quite yet, so he drank his morning milk while adding a hoodie to his ensemble.



Good morning to all and happy naptime this afternoon! :-)

5 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

Oh. My. Word!

Hilarious!

My morning was not quite so eventful, but yes, I too thought last night that whoever decided this (darn economist) that they did not have small kids. Or they did not run on a tight schedule. Come on people!

Love the swimsuit in 39 degree weather.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Oh, Shannon, the boy is obsessed with taking off his clothes and putting on a swimsuit, with the weather in full swing of fall! He's come out of rest time several times this past week with one on his body. He goes in with jeans and sweatshirt on. Comes out with a swimsuit on. He even added his Sunday shoes with it Thursday. Cracks me up at how proud he is of himself for pulling off the feat all by himself!

Anonymous said...

Loved your report of this morning's events. Enjoy these special times with your little ones. They really do go by pretty fast!

Sharon Reynolds

A is for Audrey said...

wait...why didn't he wear this ensemble to church?!?