Monday, March 19, 2012

Today is the Day

I have recently decided that I started potty training Garrett way too early when he was two and probably started Grace a little late...but...you know...that's how it goes sometimes, especially around here. Grace has been able to use the potty for months, off and on. We just haven't broken out the infamous "big girl panties". I woke up this morning and decided today is the day. We've been gone out of town and running around like crazy lately, but with the calendar fairly clear for the next week or so, it's time.

With "Hello Kitty" panties on, she's officially begun and been doing great so far.



After the first time she used the potty and got a chocolate treat, I asked her, "Grace, what do you do the next time you need to go potty?" Her reply was, "I eat chocolate!" Exactly, baby girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck :) I know she will do great!!

Emily B

Oma said...

Many great accomplishments have been motivated by chocolate. I know it motivates me: eat a piece--hit the treadmill, eat another piece--hop on the stairclimber, etc.