Friday, August 7, 2009

Officially Delcared it "PJ Day"!

Afternoon update...how quickly PJ Day can go to Crabby Day for Mommy and two kiddos when both, yes both, kiddos decide not to nap...we're all now officially out of our pjs and dressed...maybe that change (and lots and lots of prayer on the part of Mommy) will transform us back to having a Non-Crabby Day...we'll see how the rest of this rollar coaster day goes...have a great weekend, blog readers! :-)


I don't know why it feels like one of those days, but it does...so...Mommy has officially declared it "PJ Day"! The kiddos and I are still in our pj's and aren't planning on getting out of them anytime soon. I love these kind of days every once in a while.

Trust me, I don't fight too hard on occasional days where I can lounge around and not deal with a diaper bag, car seats, a to-do list, or traffic. The one thing I do fight (okay, the inner A-type in me fights) is what comes with PJ Day. With a two-year little boy running around in dinosaur pj's, a wake of toys is soon to follow him from room to room. I have to be honest that I normally drive myself insane (God is working on this one with me constantly!) trying to pick up after him throughout the day. Despite growing up as a kid with an extremely messy room, the adult me likes things clean and picked up. So, in order to fully enjoy PJ Day, I had to let the A-type part of me have a daycation. She's taking a siesta also. You should see the house. I'm having to remind myself what color carpet I have because it's completely covered in toys and books at the moment. BUT, you know, all three of us are pretty happy as clams right now and having a really good time being bums in our toy strewn house. To quote Scarlet O'Hara, "I'll think about that tomorrow!"

YEAH FOR "PJ DAY"!!! (Grace was dreaming about PJ Day...)






2 comments:

Ronda said...

I love PJ days! I hope to eventually have one PJ day a week with the kids...BUT my mind might change as they get older. The type A mama in me would also be a little overwhelmed if a string of toys followed. :-) Your kiddos are precious, Sarah!

Ruthie said...

That's why you train your kids to clean up their own toys! :-) Maddie does an awesome job!! Tim has been the best at helping w/ that....something I wouldn't have the patience for....