alive, active, and able!
As things have become clearer to me, I've wanted to blog about it but haven't quite had the words come together. This week I found the words in a Bible study I'm doing on the life of David. Here are the highlights from the study where the author was teaching on David's victory in his battle against Goliath...
- David referred to God as "the living God" in 1 Samuel 17:26.
- Do we approach every circumstance and conflict as a member of the army of the living God? Do we continually regard God as 'able'?
- Is He not only the Lord Almighty on the page but the Lord Almighty on the pavement?
- Our victory rests not on faith in our spirituality. Our victory rests on faith in our God.
- We’re often intimidated in battle because we are uncertain of our faith. We must remember we don’t stand in victory because of our faith. We stand in victory because of our God.
- Faith in faith is pointless. Faith in a living, active God moves mountains!
- Moses acknowledged Jehovah as the living God and led multitudes to freedom from slavery. Joshua acknowledged Jehovah as the living God and led multitudes into the promised land. Daniel acknowledged Jehovah as the living God and the angel shut the mouths of lions. We serve the same God! Are we allowing Him to live smack in the middle of our lives? If so, we've most likely crossed a few Red Seas, tumbled down a few walls, and escaped a few lions ourselves.
- He is alive! He is active!
- The cross would have been God's worst defeat had the people not had cause to exclaim, "He's alive!"
- A living God is worth believing!
Over the years, I've been blessed to have close friends who have moved beyond just reading and understanding the bullet points I just typed. They have come to passionately love our living God and walk out their lives with Him. He has taken them on some adventures lately that I think are worth reading about. Without a doubt, these two women would give God praise and glory with everything in them for Him being alive and active and doing what only He can do!
Click here to read Em's story about Seth and his "miracle ear"!
Click here and here to read Gina's story about precious Baby Webster!
Love you all so much!
Sarah
1 comments:
I was so encouraged by your post today, and by those of your friends! Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment