Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Sunday

Like I said in an earlier post, I love love love Easter! I especially love Easter Sunday! I remember as a little girl getting to wear white, frilly socks and white patent shoes that we had picked out just for that day. Getting to put Grace's on her this past Sunday was so much fun I couldn't stand it! She also got to wear a dress my great-aunt bought for her. It was white and full length. Just perfect for Easter Sunday! Garrett looked mighty handsome himself in his little khakis, Easter polo, and "nice shoes" as he calls them.





After an amazing church service, we wandered out to an atrium area at our church that I love. It's always so green, full of flowers, and peacefully quiet. Garrett and I spent a few Sundays there when he was a newborn and I couldn't bring myself to put him in the nursery yet. We would try him in the sanctuary. He would last a few minutes and start crying. He and I would then spend the time in the atrium area walking and rocking. Love the memories at our home church! Taking Easter pics of Grace there is a now new one for me. Btw, if you're thinking we were shafting our son and not taking pics of him, trust me when I say that he was not in the mood AT ALL to take pics. He wanted to play and let his little sis do the pic thing.











After church and meeting Nanny for lunch, we came back to the house for the kids to hunt Easter eggs.





Grace was so proud of herself!


We let Grace hunt a few by herself and then let Garrett and Cousin Aidan have at it. They ran all over the place! Yes, Garrett resued his Elmo basket again this year. I was hoping to be done with the Elmo phase by now but to no avail. Elmo basket one more year it was.




The boys had to inspect their special gift bags from Nanny to see what the other one got. She raised boys all pretty close in age, so she was smart and knew to get them the same thing. :-) Garrett's been sleeping every night with his red bag of cars and his new "Bob Bob" Bible case he got from Honey. His grandmothers sure know what he likes!


The cousins!


The day ended with the boys jumping on the trampoline and Grace watching patiently until she's able to jump with them one day.





(Click here for the rest of the Easter Sunday pics on smugmug)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture! I am so glad I got on Facebook--might not have seen it otherwise.It is amazing how much Grace loves her big brother and is entertained by him. And then of course, there's Elmo...

Regina

Anonymous said...

I remember those socks & shoes they seem to disappear the next sat night. Yr kids are cute.

Donna Cole

Sarah said...

Donna, that was definitely the case at our house when we were little! I also remember scraping up the toes of my brand new pair one Sunday morning before heading off to Haskell FBC. I don't think that was quite what Beverly had in mind for me to do with them when she bought them! :-)

Gina said...

That is such a GREAT Easter re-cap!