Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

At the Mom's Tea for Garrett's preschool this week, there was a poem attached to the special gift he gave me. I thought it fit perfectly for what I knew Garrett and Grace would want to say to the special women in their lives who love them more than words can express (actually more than Mommy does, as I'm told a lot around here)!

"I love you and you love me,
I say a prayer when I'm on my knees.
I tell God thanks for giving me you.
You're the best grandmother, yes it's true.

You take care of me and love me so much.
You're so kind and have a gentle touch.
When I need you, you're always there.
Like Jesus tells us, you always care.

Thanks for being the best grandmother ever!
I'll remember your love, always and forever!
When I talk to God and close my eyes,
I ask Him to give you a surprise.

I'm so glad God picked you to be my grandmother.
You show me what it means to "love each other".
On this special day, I give thanks to God above,
For giving me you and your special love!

Happy Mother's Day!"






We love you, Honey!















We love you, Mama!









We love you, Nanny!











We love you, Oma!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet!

Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Precious...love the poem and love the pics with all the generations of moms. I cannot believe how much your babies have grown. Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

Jodie

Anonymous said...

So Precious!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah, how I enjoyed the photos, the poem, and the sweet sentiment. This was better than the most beautiful Hallmark card ever made. Thank you for sending it, and we hope you have a terrific Mother's Day, too. Remember, Grace was supposed to give you the necklace she "made" by stringing the beads. I wonder if you got it, or has she been wearing it? Get used to that.

Love to you, R

Anonymous said...

Cute! Happy mother's day, Sarah!

Regina

Ronda said...

So glad to see your post come up on my blog! I've missed reading about your precious family! Hope you're doing well and your family is just beautiful! Love you, Friend!!!