Back in February, love was in the air. Garrett spent lots of time helping make special Valentine's for his classmates. It took a little while, but he was able to write his name on each Valentine. He definitely had it down by the time we were done.
The day of his party, he was beyond pumped to get to take not only the Valentine's for his friends but to take the box he decorated. Honey found these adorable boxes and stickers for the kids to use. Garrett's had a robot theme, and Grace's was decked out in princess decor. The party at school was lots of fun. One of the activities was for everyone to decorate a cupcake and then have it as their treat. Garrett, of course, loved the decorating part and then found someone with a sweet tooth he could share his with. It always pays to be his friend when sugar is involved!



Honey was in town that week and got to join in on the party fun. I think Garrett's friend, Mia, was as excited as Garrett was to have her there!




After the kids were sufficiently hopped up on sugar, it was game time.



Grace thought it was better to stick with stuffing her face with sugar. Who needed games anyways?

When March came around, Garrett's class had their annual "Donuts with Dad" day. These pictures of him with his Daddy are some of my favorites. He was about to jump out of his skin because he was so excited to have Jeff there that day!
Part of the party was for the kids to sing a song for their Dads. The video cracked us up because Garrett and Mia seemed more interested in anything else but singing. It looked like they were singing their own silent song with hand motions that included putting their hands over their ears and poking themselves in the eye. You've got to love three-year-olds!
Garrett may not have been too into singing a class song, but he was pumped about giving Jeff his gift. The kids did a similar framed picture last year, too. When Jeff told him that the other one was at his office, Garrett begged him to bring it home so he could see both of them. He liked them so much that they miraculously found a new home on our fridge.
The month of May was time for one of my favorite days all year. It was the Mom's Tea, and this year I got to spend it with just me and Garrett. Jeff thought I needed some special time with my boy, so he took care of Grace while Garrett and I partied.
I love my son with everything in me, and on this day at his school, when he gets so genuinely excited to have his Mommy at school and to be able to give me a handmade gift, it just does things to my heart I can't explain! It happened last year and again this year. When I got there and the first words out of his mouth were, "Mommy, I'm so excited you're here!", I was just a puddled mess on the floor. That boy turns my heart every which way! I love him to pieces!

Another thing that turns my heart every which way is to know that some day I'm not going to be the only woman in his life. Apparently, my sweet son wanted me to learn that lesson early, because he wanted his picture taken with not just me but also Mia...


...and Kelsey. Now, you have to hear in your head how he says the name "Kelsey". Imagine a precious little boy, almost a whopping four years old, saying it with a smile spread from ear to ear. This boy has it bad. He loves his buddy Mia and his Mommy, but he has got it bad for "Kelsey". More on that later. With Mother's Day tomorrow, I want to focus on the fact that he was so excited I was there for Mom's Tea, even if it was to be his photographer in addition to being his Mommy!

1 comments:
You have such a beautiful family! I love reading your blog and seeing pictures of your sweet kiddos!
Beth
Post a Comment