Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fall Portraits...and the Bloopers

While Papa and Honey were visiting last weekend, we made an attempt at getting some fall portraits done.

The morning started with Grace practicing her smiling and saying "cheese"...



...and Garrett seeing if there was a way out of taking pictures and heading to the park to play instead.



Once the kids realized fall portrait time was really happening and there was no escape, we got a few pictures on the pier with the pond and woods in the background. Grace did some of her poses in a ladylike manner, others not so much.







We weren't sure if Grace would sit up on the top of the pier and not fall off on her noggin, but she did great and balanced up there pretty well. (What you can't see in the pictures is that Mommy was on one side of her ducked down and Honey was on the other side. Like I said, we weren't quite sure of her balancing abilities paired with her squirming abilities.)





I loved all these pictures of Garrett because I love seeing him smile and laugh that hard. I also remember what all my mom and I were doing and saying to get that reaction out of him. :-)





I kept telling my dad that I wanted just one good picture of them together. I didn't think that was too much to ask. I was wrong.













Lots of coaxing, bribing, and a few tears later, this was the closest we got.



The whole process took about half an hour. I know professional photographers usually do much longer photo sessions, but we decided the "down and dirty" method would work better with our two preschoolers. All concerned were happy we did it that way!


8 comments:

Sit-N-Chat said...

Beautiful children!!

oma said...

Just amazing photos Sarah! I think Photos by Frankie should be a new retirement project. Great smiles, cute clothes, and wonderful scenery/light.

Mandi Martin said...

Great pics! Even the bloopers! Those are probably the ones you will remember and cherish the most down the road, anyway! Your kids are adorable!

We just did some family pictures, and I feel you on the "down-and-dirty" method of just get in, get it done (in whatever fashion) and get out!

Sarah W said...

Aaahhh... the ever-elusive everybody in the same photo looking the same direction and smiling shot... ;) So, cute! I love how you posted all of the almost ones. It's makes it a story instead. Miss those kiddos and you!!

Sarah said...

We miss you guys, too, Sarah!! I think the Houston field trip is definitely in order! Love you guys!!

Gina said...

SUPA SUPA CUTE!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We have been looking for a photographer...I may have to call your Dad and beg a West Texas favor :)

Emily B

Sarah said...

Emily, he's always willing to do anything for someone from West Texas! (and for anyone who lived with his daughter for two years in college and didn't kill her for how messy she was! :-))