Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast

Today was "Thanksgiving Feast" day at the kids' preschool. This was the first year for Grace to get to participate instead of just being dragged along to her brother's party.



The feast was after a full day of playing at preschool, hence the disheveled look and dangling bow.



The kids have been working for days to make special crafts for the party. I don't know what it is about the kids' hand prints and foot prints but they make any craft extra special for this Mommy.



It was so much fun watching her with all her little friends. It's a class full of second and third children, which equals BIG personalities. They are a hoot to watch together!





When Garrett walked into the room and saw all the decorations and food, he smiled from ear to ear and then ran to give me the biggest hug. Is it okay to get teary eyed at a party? I think so if your son is four and you're a Mommy who hears him say, "I'll sit right here because you're standing right here!" Heart. Melt. Now.

Garrett wrote on the feathers of his Thanksgiving hat...
"I am thankful for...
my Mommy and Daddy...
my Mario and Luigi toys that are little and I got online...
my Mario cuddler thing I'm getting for Christmas...
my friends Mia and Ryder."

At one point during the party, another mom leaned over and asked me if I saw the little girl across the room who had on her Thanksgiving hat feathers..."I am thankful for...my boyfriend Garrett". Too cute! When I asked Garrett about her, he just grinned, smiled, and said she was a friend in his class. He acted really cool about the whole thing, like it was no big deal. Love that boy!









Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

oma said...

what is grace holding in the first photo?
great shots of both kids and you and Jeff too!