Thursday, December 29, 2011

Jekyll and Hyde

Meet Jekyll...



...and meet Hyde.





Our precious two-year-old has decided to hit "the terrible twos" with dramatic flair. Her older brother went through the "I do it myself" stage at this age, too, but she has surpassed him by leaps and bounds. We've heard the word "No!" and the phrases "I want I want I want...!" and "I don't want...!" and "You gotta...!" so many times in the last few weeks that I'm beginning to hear them in my dreams. She's smiling sweetly one minute and then yelling and throwing a fit, with her red face all scrunched up and mouth pursed the next. Her emphatic bossiness and hardheadedness reached its peak yesterday when she put her cute little hands on her hips and said, "You don't tell me no!" and then quickly smiled and tried to be cute and adorable. Yep. The straw. The camel's back. It broke.

After saying a quick prayer and reminding myself that there is a reason God made her so stink'n cute, our two-year-old-spit-fire became the newest member of the Wright family boot camp. By the grace of God, she has had a much better day today. I'm still completely exhausted and saw a few new gray hairs on her Daddy's head tonight, but there was progress. We heard a whole lot more of "Please" and "May I please...?" and "Can you please...?" come out of her much more loving mouth today.

Lord,



have mercy!

10 comments:

Sarah W said...

Oh... how I can relate... ;) She is sooooo cute!!

Gina said...

No!! No! Not MY grace! She wouldn't do such a thing! Now you better stop picking on her right this minute!

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe that cutie pie could have an attitude!

Beth Castille

Anonymous said...

Little Sarah?

Missy

Sarah said...

Cute, Missy! :-) My parents keep reminding me of the same thing, trust me! I think u and Jodie need to come over for a visit and see it for yourself. She puts some middle schoolers to shame!

Anonymous said...

You are right about the "stinkin' cute" part!!!!

Regina

Anonymous said...

he he he he! It's just beginning!! She is wayyy tooo cute, but then so were you! Good luck.

Renee

Anonymous said...

And then……you send them to Pop/Honey’s House for 7-8 hours!!!!!! And Hyde returns!

Papa

Anonymous said...

I am laughing but also applauding you and Jeff for being so consistent and such great parents! She is the cutest little thing, and I can just see those little hands on the hips!! The joys of parenthood!!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I am laughing but also applauding you and Jeff for being so consistent and such great parents! She is the cutest little thing, and I can just see those little hands on the hips!! The joys of parenthood!!

Sharon