Saturday, July 4, 2009

Welcome Home, Grace Elizabeth!

Grace Elizabeth Wright
Born June 24, 2009, at 7:21 a.m.
6 pounds 9 ounces
19 inches long






When our new little girl got to the nursery, the nursing staff decided she needed a pink bow in her hair right away. Mommy couldn't have agreed more and was so excited to see it on her sweet little head when Daddy got to the room with her.









While Mommy and Daddy were at the hospital the day Grace was born, the little guy was busy staying with friends and going to a birthday party, oblivious how much his life was about to change! Papa and Honey brought him up the next day to meet that change maker. Overall, he did great meeting his little sister for the first time. He went from either ignoring her completely to giving her tons of kisses and high fives.





Our friend, Kelly, had given us a great suggestion of having gifts for the kiddos to give each other. Garrett gave Grace her first teddy bear. She then won over her big brother by giving him a Veggie Tales puzzle and stickers. He even shared them with her at one point. True affection right there!



Talk about a little regression, huh?!? :-)



With a two year old running around the house, Mommy had forgotten how much babies sleep and how much time she could spend just staring down at a sleeping little face.





Our little girl got all dressed up to head home for the first time!







This picture cracks me up! Her look is one that says, "I'm still not so sure about you two people...they say I'm going home with you...hmmmmmm!"









Now that we're home as an official family of four, we've spent the last week or so sleeping and playing a ton and having some brother-sister bonding time. Garrett has loved getting to be "the big helper" with his little sister. He's constantly bringing her a paci and blanket, especially whenever she starts crying. The other day, he even heard her crying in the living room while he was supposed to be napping, and he came running out first with his nite nite blanket and then his nite nite pillow. Because we realized he was deep down trying to postpone taking a nap, Jeff quickly thanked him on behalf of his sister and walked him back to his room. Only a second later, he came running back into the living room to reclaim his prized nite nite possessions. We'll take what we can get at this point!

The paci actually has become one of his facinations with her. It makes us laugh that when we ask him to give Sister a kiss, he literally rips the paci out of her mouth, gives her a kiss on the mouth, and then shoves the paci back in for her. Let me tell you, it's a good thing Grace doesn't have any teeth, yet! :-)

Garrett isn't a 100% sold on her though. Yesterday during one of our first few family outings, Grace decided to cry the last little bit to the house. We turned around and saw Garrett sitting in his car seat with his fingers in both of his ears. The look on his face was priceless!











As if there weren't enough pictures in this post, I thought I'd add these last few, mostly because I think they're just stink'n cute. We took these her first night home. The teddy bear in the chair is the one Garrett gave her at the hospital. We still can't believe she's so tiny!







As you can tell, we are head over heels in love with our little girl! We give God so much glory for blessing us with her!

(To see the rest of the pictures from Grace's birthday and stay at the hospital, click here.)

(To see the rest of the pictures from Grace's first few days at home, click here and look at the end of the June 2009 pics.)

29 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

What cutie... did not know that you had a blog... but now I have found you... congratulations.

Sharon Bingham said...

Dearest Ones,
Grace Elizabeth is absolutely adorable. I cannot believe she is so tiny, either. Both of mine looked like they were 3 mos. old at birth!! Garrett is so cute and is the best big brother ever! Not everyone would forego a nap to aid his little sis!!! I can hardly wait to meet Miss Grace. I know you are experiencing joy unspeakable. God truly is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we could ever ask or think. I love you and am so happy for you.
Sharon

Cindy said...

Ohh Sarah! She is absolutely adorable! She is so tiny it reminds me so much of Juliet when she was a newborn. You make such a beautiful family! Can't wait to meet Miss Grace!

Oma and PawPaw said...

Grace is nothing but a small bundle of JOY. She is all girl with those tiny fingers and cupid shaped lips. We love the helpfulness of BB Garrett. Congrats on your new addition and finally expanding the Wright family with a precious girl.

Ronda said...

Seriously...y'all make pretty babies! She is gorgeous! I love the idea of the kiddos exchanging gifts. I also LOVED the Aggie ring pic with Grace. Congratulations, again! The Lord has made your hearts and your home full! :-)

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is one pretty little girl and I can spot one a mile off! Wow- congratulations to y'all and I am excited to see her grow up in the Lord. Can't wait to meet her- thanks for posting so many beautiful pictures! Sounds like Garrett is doing well all things considering.....fun times ahead for you FOUR!
Love, Em

Anonymous said...

Tippy toes he looks just like you!

Jamie Hodgin

Anonymous said...

Hiya, Wright Family (of four!)!!

I can't believe Gracie is here already...Time sure does fly by!! Well, I just wanted to wish you guys a congrats and God bless!...HE is absolutely amazing. HE has blessed you guys with the greatest gift ever, a precious little girl!! :) No, I am not partial... :) No, but really, children are the greatest...I love you all! Sarah, when you are up for it, let's get together very soon. Let's not just talk about it, but BE about it...I miss you, Love!

Smooches,
Tonya

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

She is too cute! Glad you are all doing well.

Love you!
Mel

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! I am sooooooooooooo happy for you guys. . .you are so blessed! Are you ok? Let me know when you think you will be up for visitors. I will coordinate with Jodie and will make a visit.

Missy

Anonymous said...

I would like to visit also. She is gorgeous. I know you are all excited. Can't wait to see Garrett around her. Hope you are feeling well! Aren't you glad to be done with pregnancy in this lovely summer weather??

Regina

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable. I am very happy for you guys. If y'all need anything, let me know.

Jody

Anonymous said...

Sarah & Jeffrey:

What a beautiful little girl. Congratulations. You now have a little fisherman for daddy, a little shopper for mommy and great set of parents for the kids. God bless you guys.

Bob & Kim McGuire

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys!

Michael Dale

Anonymous said...

"She is beautiful...Love the girls.....sweet..."

Kathy May

Anonymous said...

"How precious!"

Rhonda Agnew

Anonymous said...

"Beautiful sweet baby girl!"

Eryn Sizemore

Anonymous said...

"So sweet!"

Keely Meixner Baker

Anonymous said...

"So you have Grace on Angel's birthday but couldn't have Garrett on mine? 'sok. She is truly beautiful! Congrats!"

Monte

Anonymous said...

"Congrats on baby Grace. Thank you for having her on my birthday. Monte is totally jealous."

Angel

Anonymous said...

Did yall make it home okay? How is everything going with tiny Grace in the house? Hope you are feeling better and that you got to bring some of the pain drugs home with you until you are closer to being healed. I was so glad to see you and hold Grace. She is so pretty!

How is Garrett? I am sure it has not been easy to have his world rocked!

Hope all is well. If you need anything, call! Oh, and I still think Jeff is awfully brave to have watched the c-section! Just seeing the scalpel move toward your belly would have put me on the floor!

Yall take care, and again, call if I can help out at all.

Regina

Anonymous said...

"Just precious! Congratulations!"

Amy Cunningham Martin

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you were pregnant. Beautiful little girl. Your son is a cutie too.

Jennifer Burgess

Anonymous said...

"Hi Sarah! Congrats on your new baby girl! I can't wait to see pictures of Grace!"

Sheryl Stephens

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
What a beautiful baby. Grace is precious. And Garrett is so cute! I just love the picture of him kissing Grace-your mom is holding them...that is priceless! I am so happy for you guys. And the closet picture--wow that baby girl is set-I've never seen so many clothes! Enjoy every moment!

Sheryl Stephens

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Way to go you two.

Anne

Anonymous said...

Hey girl what a pretty baby. Glad you are doing well.

Donna Cole

Anonymous said...

Jody just let me know that Grace Elizabeth was born this morning. I am very happy for you all. I know that Garrett and Aidan will take great care of her. Love you all and miss you too. God Bless.

Angie

Anonymous said...

I don't think she is loved at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) She is beautiful!! I know ya'll are really proud of her! Keep me updated on the pic's!!!

Ember