Thursday, September 3, 2009

Playing & Seeing Family This Summer

I've been wanting to post pictures from July and August but honestly haven't known exactly how to go about doing it. If I don't post things as they happen, I usually get pretty behind. Please know that is not how the grandparents like this blog to operate, trust me! :-)

When I looked at all the pictures, I realized that in the midst of the chaos and sleepless nights since Grace arrived, there have really been two main things going on...playing and seeing family! Our kiddos are so blessed to be able to see our families as much as they do. Garrett lights up every time we even mention one of their names. He's as smitten with them as they are with him and Grace. So, with that in mind, here's a review in pictures of the last couple months of time spent playing and seeing family...yes, it is the LONGEST post I've ever done...I'll never get behind again!


Playtime with Papa, Honey, and Mama...

"Honey's in town...WHOOHOO!" She was able to stay a full week in July and in August. Garrett loves to go to the airport to pick her up but absolutely hates for us to drop her back off! Not a pretty scene!




You have no idea how long a book of stickers can entertain him (& Honey)...


Grace and Honey were hanging out in the backyard watching Daddy & Garrett jump like crazy people on the trampoline...


Notice Honey's Elmo tattoo on her hand...a true grandmother right there!


Papa told Garrett to get his clothes and shoes on so they could go fishing...this was Garrett's obedient response...size 13's and his Elmo hat...




"Papa, do I look as silly as I feel?!?"






This screams of Papa & Honey's doing, doesn't it!? :-) Jeff and I love this picture though. We know that she's saying, "Oh, the horror! Bad Texas Tech! Bad Texas Tech! I don't want to go to Texas Tech!"


Towards the end of July, Grace got to meet her great-grandmother, Mama, for the first time. The kids had a blast playing with her!


Please tell me that when I'm almost 90 years old that I'll be like her and be playing bubbles on the back porch with my great-grandkids!



Playtime with Nana...



With us being home bound for the most part after Grace came home from the hospital, Nana and Uncle Jody were great to brave the heat to take Garrett and Cousin Aidan to the splash park.








Nana, Uncle Jody, Cousin Aidan, and Daddy also visited the Children's Museum one Saturday. The boys have been twice together and still haven't seen everything. It's a great place for them to go and explore, play, and even do a little dancing!







Playtime with PaPa and Oma...



PaPa raised three boys and has two grandsons...he's still a little baffled by all the fuss over bows and cute little dresses...he's getting there though...








In August, we were able to drive up to Dallas for a long weekend and see some of my extended family. Grace got to meet my cousins (Mark, Renee, and Allison) and her great-great-aunt (Billie Margaret) for the first time. I grew up going to East Texas to see them all of the time. Renee and I love that our kiddos are getting to grow up together, too!






Garrett was Allison's shadow the entire time we were there! They are precious together, and Alli is such a great sport with him following her around everywhere!



The rest of the summer was spent doing other fun things...

Swinging and bouncing...




Practicing his trampoline skills in sister's crib (aka "regressing" but having fun doing it)...


Playing a ton on her playmat...


Wearing ourselves out with "Family Movie & Pizza Night" (aka "Garrett's Dance Party Night")...


Having a playdate at the Bowman's...


Eating dinner and playing over at Uncle Cas and Aunt Gina's house...Cas puts on an awesome puppet show!


Taking a stroller ride to the pond to feed the swarms of ducks...he got tired on the way home, so Mommy ended up and got a great workout by carrying him and pushing Grace in the stroller ALL the way home...if you saw a woman carrying a toddler and pushing a stroller while breathing hard and sweating from head to toe, that was me...the rest of the morning was spent inside looking online for a double stroller! :-)






Playing some at the park...




Heading out on a bike ride adventure with just the guys...







Whooooo, we're exhausted, but we had a blast! Looking forward to seeing what all God has planned for the fall!


Click here to see all of July's pictures.
Click here to see all of August's pictures.

1 comments:

Sarah W said...

Auugghh!! You were in Dallas in August!!! Sorry to have missed that... I want to see that sweet baby girl and that big boy... oh and their mom. ;) Hopefully, we can get down your way soon. :)

luv ya!!